The SlimCool from TRP is the lowest parking cooler on the market for road-legal trucks. The power that's needed to use the parking cooler comes straight from the truck batteries. Which makes it perfect for nightly use when the truck's engine isn't running. Because of this, fuel is saved during resting hours. Which is good financially and environmentally.
This TRP SlimCool is specially designed for the DDAF XF105 from 2006 to 2012. The TRP parking coolers are also what DAF dealers will mount on new vehicles.
The SlimCool or SlimFIT, like Dirna Bergstrom calls it, will offer a cool cabin which creates comfort for the driver without harming the environment.
- Switch on the unit 10 to 20 minutes before the vehicle is stopped (the air conditioning of the vehicle must be kept switched on)
- Close the curtains immediately after stopping the vehicle, to keep most of the cold air inside the cabin
- Advisable to keep the Air Condition Unit while using in the CA-mode, which is the automatic mode
- Keep the windows shut
- Do not face the cabin towards the sun
- The battery is protected from discharging too far with a build-in protection system.
- Because of low external height it's ideal for high cabins.
- Easy mounting with no need to drill holes in the roof.
- Because of the compressors, this SlimCool cannot be mounted at an angle.
- Due to relatively large length and width measurements it's possible that it's needed to modify the roof spoiler
- The TRP SlimCool is quite heavy compared to the competitors (34 KG)